- 6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled.
- Low fat poppy seed salad dressing
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- On a large platter, combine lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon, and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. (The amount of dressing depends on how you prefer your salad. Usually, I use one cup of dressing, 70% poppy seed and 30% balsamic vinaigrette).