7 Gifts to Keep Friends and Family Happy and Healthy
With the holiday season quickly approaching, people are busy decorating homes, cooking for family functions, and of course, buying gifts! It can be a stressful time, trying to find gifts for family members, friends, coworkers, and even more stressful trying to find something to give that won’t make you feel guilty. Here are some heart healthy suggestions that can be used as stocking stuffers, in an office exchange party, or even a friendly present.
- Fruit: Take a break from the peppermint bark or holiday cupcakes. Gift your office buddy or friend with some apples, oranges, and grapefruits or an edible fruit arrangement.
- Music: Everyone enjoys listening to music during workouts, a long drive, or as a stress reliever. Why not give your friends their favorite CD and let them burn off these holiday calories by having their own dance party. For those that prefer listening to music digitally, give them an iTunes gift card.
- Winter Accessories: When the weather changes and the temperature drops, people tend to stay indoors more and therefore get less exercise. Give your co-workers a new hat, a scarf, and a pair of gloves and that gives them no excuse to take a walk around the block and admire their neighbor’s holiday decorations.
- Recipe cards: Pre-made or hand-made recipe cards with hand written healthy recipes are a heart-felt gift for all. Go the extra mile and even buy them the necessary ingredients.
- Cookbook: Many people have a New Year’s resolution involving dropping those holiday pounds or healthier food choices. Buy them a healthy-recipe containing cookbook to motivate them and to give them a reason to maintain their New Year’s resolution.
- Relaxation kit: Stress is not good for anyone’s health and the holidays are typically a stressful time of the year. Give your friends and loved ones a relaxation kit. Maybe include a few candles, incense, soaps, or a CD with soothing music. How about a day trip to the spa for a massage?
- Art/Craft Supplies: If you have a friend or co-worker that likes to spend time crafting, buy them new supplies to paint or a gift card to a craft/art store so they can buy their own.
Holiday shopping does not have to be stressful as long as you have a plan. If you’re health conscious, this may be your opportunity to share your wealth of knowledge regarding a healthier lifestyle to your friends and family. Remember, ‘tis the season for giving. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the food, music, getting presents, etc. This is the time to spend with your family and ring in the New Year.