Cardiac rehabilitation is a customized outpatient program of exercise and education designed to help you improve your cardiovascular health and help you recover from heart related conditions. Cardiac rehabilitation involves adopting heart healthy lifestyle changes to improve your health and quality of life, prevent future health problems and even help you live longer. To help you sustain these lifestyle changes, our program focuses on exercise training, stress reduction, nutritional counseling, and education on heart healthy living.
What to Expect:
- Individualized physician prescribed exercise regimen based on your individual needs, medical condition, and physical ability.
- Supervised exercise sessions with a group of other participants who have similar conditions.
- Information on continuing to exercise safely at home on your own after you complete the program.
- Learn what you can do to live healthier and reduce your risk factors.
- Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms that need medical attention.
- Understand more about the medications you have been prescribed.
- Develop a personal plan that promotes independence and healthier living.
- Have health professionals available to listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
- Include your family or friends in the group education sessions so they may learn about your health condition.
- Medical West Cardiac Rehabilitation program may help you achieve the following benefits:
- Decreased risk of a heart attack
- Improvement in exercise tolerance
- Improvement in symptoms
- Reduced stress
- Improvement in lipid levels
- Reduction in cigarette use
- Longer lifespan